Life Science Customer Support Specialists
We're looking for 2 x Life Science Customer Support Specialist to join our team in Sydney, Australia.
Are you a life scientist who is technically curious and loves spending time with people? If the answer is yes, then we would love to meet you.
We are Inventia Life Science (www.inventia.life) and we are radically changing the way the world treats disease and injury. We're a multidisciplinary team, deeply inspired by the purpose of innovating for the better and backed by top-tier venture capital funds.
Inventia will be successful by becoming exceptional at helping our customers to be successful: to efficiently conduct world class research using our platform and help cure disease. There are many ways to measure success, but at Inventia we take platform usage as our North Star metric of customer happiness.
The current team sits at just under 50. Our revolutionary 3D cell biology technology enables pioneers in the fields of drug discovery and medicine to radically drive innovation from disease treatment (in areas such as cancer) through to the way we treat injuries. Our founders come from diverse backgrounds - Aidan (PhD Fluid Dynamics), Cam (PhD Biofabrication) and Julio (PhD Medicine) - with strong commercial acumen and supported by an incredible team inspired by making a global impact with our revolutionary technology.
As we scale and expand our customer base across the globe, we’re looking to bring in a Life Science Customer Support Specialist to work with our customers to ensure their RASTRUM platform is operational and available for usage. We have developed a suite of simple software-driven diagnostic workflows that will form the basis of your RASTRUM Support toolkit. For issues that require deep technical expertise to resolve, you will have a team of engineers at Inventia and third party engineering service providers behind you. You will build strong, genuine, and meaningful relationships with our customers, and will work together with Sales and Success teams to ensure our customers are delighted with every step of their RASTRUM journey. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact on the capabilities of our instrument and the success of our customers.
- You will coordinate daily support together with members of the Support, Success, and Engineering Teams. As part of this activity you will spend a lot of your time addressing customer queries and technical issues using our ticketing system, ensuring customers receive timely responses and resolutions.
- You will work closely with the Sales and Success teams to provide our customers with tailored Support to maintain a high-quality relationship.
- You will liaise with our Manufacturing team on the procurement and supply of tools and components to field support staff
- You will provide basic technical support to our internal Life Science team to support their R&D activities in our Sydney office.
- You will work with the Support team to seek, engage, and train third party engineering service providers across the globe on how to service and support our instrument. You will coordinate logistics around their visits to customer sites and will act as the liaison between them and our customers.
- You will work with the Support team to drive continuous process improvement within the customer support framework, and develop and execute initiatives to improve Support.
- You will work with the Support team to provide detailed technical feedback to the Product Team to assist in guiding new feature development streams.
Some attributes that will help you excel in this role:
- A scientific background. You need to be able to have discussions with scientists, so you need to know your genes from your jeans. You don’t need a PhD, but to be considered for this role you do need at least a graduate degree in cell biology, biotechnology, molecular biology or related discipline. If you’ve also had experience in a laboratory environment as part of a research project - even better.
- A technical mind. You don’t need an engineering degree, but you aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and understand the nitty gritty of how something works.
- Strong technical troubleshooting aptitude and experience. You love solving problems, especially for others.
- Great people and communication skills. You need to be the type of person our customers will trust and enjoy being around: you are polite, friendly, patient, attentive, empathetic, and tactful. You are able to express yourself succinctly and effectively to our customers and to your teammates.
- Grit. You need to have the ability to maintain a positive attitude in high pressure situations.
- Integrity. A genuine interest in helping the success of our customer, ensuring they see you as highly ethical and professional in the approach to our science and the technology we offer.
- Creativity. The best solution will not always be clear - creativity is required! And the ability to convince a customer of the solution’s merit.
- Attention to quality. The little details sometimes make all the difference when it comes to the way a customer perceives the business.
- A love for data and good process, and a systems/product mindset. As the business scales, this mindset will be critical to embed scalable solutions across the customer base.
- Independence, with a strong teamwork ethic. You are willing to work autonomously. You will also be working closely with cross-functional teams, so you also need to thrive in a collaborative environment amongst diversity in opinion.
- Agility in work style. We operate as an Agile organisation, so you should thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with an actively evolving product and organisation. You can balance a diverse range of challenges.
- Tech-savviness. You should be able to navigate cloud-based software platforms with ease. If you’ve had experience with a ticket management system, even better.
- We are an energetic, innovative, diverse, and inclusive team who are united by a common mission to change the face of medical research. We highly value our culture, the diversity of the team and the passion we have for taking our product to market and the impact it will have.
- We value our people above all, and will support you working the way that you can be most successful in your role.
- This role offers opportunities for travel, both within Australia and internationally. This means rolling your sleeves up and fixing printers by day, and room service in a robe by night.
- While we need you to be based in Sydney for now, there is the opportunity to transfer to our international offices in the USA or Europe as your skillset grows.
- Support is a maturing Practice at Inventia, so you get the opportunity to work with the team to make the function yours and build out your own processes.
- We care about your career progression, and you will be given ample opportunities to advance within the organisation as you grow and develop your skillset.
- You will never be siloed in your role. You will operate closely with our global Sales and Success teams, so you will develop skills that will put you in good stead to work with customers at any stage of the customer lifecycle.
- We will equip you with fundamental customer-facing skills and commercial acumen to ensure you succeed in any role in the future.
A lot of people talk about unique and exceptional cultures, but not many lead it. We place a high value on creating a unique and exceptional workplace. Unlike many other startups, we value who you are outside of work as much as who you are at work.
Our passions are many and we believe the journey is as important as the outcome. So for us, it's about building an exceptional team and culture and loving every part of what lays ahead. We provide optionality in terms of working from home and the office, which is based in Sydney. Equity and a strong market based salary are on offer, within a supportive but empowered, fully agile environment, which we have worked hard to create.
Come and do work that really matters within a team who care as much about one another as the mission.
If the above sounds like what you’ve been searching for, let’s start a conversation. We also strongly encourage you to apply even if you are not sure you fit all of the criteria we’ve mentioned. Come as you are - we believe that diversity drives innovation.
To express interest in this position please apply below! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org